Tuesday, December 11, 2012

There and Back Again


           We’re now in our FINAL WEEK of the 2012 Elevate School of Worship! WHAT!? Where did the last few months go? At the same time I can recognize so much kingdom activity. In the students I’ve seen huge leaps of faith in their character, passion for the Lord and for many even stepping out in faith to pioneer a new 9 month internship! For my team I see a new dream team. I thought last year was a dream team…we had so many seasoned leaders and I felt like the rookie among pros. This years’ staff was half made up of student participants from last year. You wouldn't think that by the fantastic way these guys have carried out their responsibilities and displayed matured leadership well beyond their years. 
             It’s been such a good quarter to run with these guys and not the least of which our school leader Daniel Lehmann who has discipled me and invested so much into me. I’ve been able to grow such much as a leader, as a worshiper or Jesus, as a musician and as a son. It’s really neat to look back at all of the leadership God has put over you and to begin recognizing the different anointing that they carry and how those giftings have been imparted down to you. During the Olympics 4 years ago I was trained by Julie in management, communication and in relying on the Lord to open doors that logic might declare as locked shut. How valuable these giftings would prove to be when staffing for two years in Kona, a community of visionaries and pioneers for kingdom works. It’s in Kona that I've learned the importance of intimacy with the Lord, community built around His presence, and the joys of being a family in ministry together. Maine needs to raise up Daniel Lehmanns, Andy Byrds, Kevin Norris’  and Loren Cunninghams …in Kona you can find them in each classroom and department. Being able to glean off of these leaders has had a huge impact on my private life, my family life and my ministry life. I don’t yet know just how blessed I am and how crucial these past two years has been for my development as the man God has made me to be and the destiny I’m daily walking into.
                 It is with joy and hopeful anticipation that our family will be returning home to Maine in the next couple of weeks! We will be looking for work as well as a vehicle. Bora will continue being the amazing mother that she is while partly pursuing translation work. I will be looking into taking some courses at CMCC or a local bible college as we are praying for direction for furthering my education to prepare us for our long-term ministry to Asia. Moving is expensive, and while we’re leaving most of the stuff that seems to pile up after 2 years, many of Jubilee’s things and our ministry tools like my drum equipment need to be shipped. If anyone would like to make a one-time gift to help towards the postage and our travel expenses you’d be a huge blessing to us right now J
               We love and appreciate all of our friends and family who have been following our journey and want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas from the Willsons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment